As we had anticipated, the Higher Council of Education was expressed at the session February 3, 2022expressing its opinion on the draft decree of the Minister of Education, in agreement with the Minister of Public Administrations and the Minister of Economy and Finance, by which it is established “Regulation relating to the competition based on degrees and examinations for access to school management functions “.
The exam program
What to study for the exam? EL program contents are indicated in Article 7 of Competition regulations based on degrees and exams for access to the centre’s management functions. However, the CSPI makes some additions to the following guidelines, which you can find at the link below.
What to study for the written test – 5 open-ended questions
- Legislation on the education and training system and the study systems in Italy with special attention to the ongoing reform processes;
- Methods of carrying out complex organizations, with special reference to the reality of public schools and educational institutions;
- Processes for planning, managing and evaluating schools, with special reference to the elaboration and management of the three-year plan of the educational offer, the elaboration of the self-evaluation report and the improvement plan, within the framework of the ‘autonomy of the educational institutions and in relation to the formative needs of the territory;
- Organization of learning environments, with special reference to school inclusion, digital innovation and innovation processes in teaching;
- Organization of work and management of staff, with special reference to the reality of school staff;
- Assessment and self-assessment of staff, learning and school systems and processes;
- Elements of civil and administrative law, with special reference to the legal obligations and responsibilities typical of the school principal, as well as criminal law with special reference to crimes against public administration and to the detriment of minors;
- State accounting, with special reference to financial planning and management in public schools and educational institutions and related special enterprises;
- Education systems of the countries of the European Union.
What to study for the written test – 2 English questions
Each of the two questions in a foreign language is articulated in 5 closed questionsin order to check the understand a text in English.
These questions are asked and asked by the candidate a English languagein order to check the knowledge related to the CEF level B2.
EL contents these issues relate to: the organization of learning environments, with special reference to school inclusion, digital innovation, and innovation processes in teaching; and education systems of European Union countries.
What to study for the oral exam
- The same should be studied for the interview disciplinary areas of the written testto check the professional preparation of the candidate on the same and to test the capacity to solve a case relative to the function of the director;
- in addition it will be necessary to show suitable knowledge and capacity of use Computer tools and of ICT more used in educational institutions;
- finally the oral exam will verify the knowledge of the English language at level B2 of the CEFby reading and translating a text chosen by the examining board and a conversation in English.
What skills should the director have?
The CSPI clarifies that the pedagogical skills they cannot avoid joining the management skills of a complex organization what is the school, what it requires multiple and integrated points of view: management, leadership, relationships, cultural content, environment and climate, methodologies, growth, planning. In this way, the horizons of pedagogy intersect with those of theories of organization and responsibility. The objectives that the school aims to promote in the training of the younger generations are the subject of pedagogy, but are pursued through a set of tools, actions and resources that underpin the organizational dimension of the school.
To this end, examinations must enhance these pedagogical, organizational and management skills.
Articulation of the test
Hiring school principals is achieved through selective competitions based on degrees and exams called with every three years and get organized regional base, subject to the availability of vacancies in the reference triennium. The exact number of places will be defined by the call for competition.
The contest is divided into:
- a possible pre-selection test;
- a written test referred to in Article 7,
- a oral examination referred to in Article 8,
- a later one assessment of grades.
The pre-selection test
If at the regional level the number of candidates exceeds four times the number of available places, a pre-selection test is carried out, based on fifty multiple-choice questions, on the disciplinary areas referred to in article 7, section 2. .
The possible pre-selection test, computer and unique for the whole national territory, is carried out in the localities identified by the USR, possibly even in several sessions in relation to the number of candidates. It is not planned to publish the database of questions.
Each of the fifty multiple-choice questions is assigned a score equal to 1 point for each correct answer and 0 points for each.
answer not given or incorrect.
The written test
The written test consists of 5 open questions yen 2 questions in Englisheach divided into five closed questions,
intended to check the comprehension of a text in English – level B2 of the CEF).
The oral exam
The oral exam consists of:
a) An interview on the disciplinary areas of the written test, which accredits the professional preparation of the applicant on it and proves the ability to resolve a case relating to the role of the manager.
b) a check of the knowledge and ability to use the tools
computer and ICT technologies most used in educational institutions;
c) a test of knowledge of the English language at level B2 of the CEF, by reading and translating a text chosen by the examining board and a conversation in English.
The examination commissions have two hundred and thirty (230) points, of which one hundred (100) for the written test, one hundred (100) for the oral test and thirty (30) for the grades.
Training and testing period
School principals are subject to the period of training and probation for confirmation in office in accordance with current legislation and the national collective bargaining agreement: the period of training and probation has a duration equal to the school yearduring which a effective service of at least six months.