No school worker may be replaced during their first week of absence, even if the school should have little staff. And with technical and administrative assistants things are even worse as they may not be replaced before thirty days of absence. Provisions dating back to Stability Law 2015 (L.190 / 14, Article 1, paragraph 332, prohibition of substitution, more specified by DPIT prot. n. 2116 of 30 September 2015 and DGPER prot. n. 10073 of 14/04/2016) and which are renewed year after year from substitute regulation (you see note 25089 of August 6, 2021 which regulates the substitutions of the course just ended), with the risk of sending a school scandal.
In this context, in which institutes usually have only one collaborator per plexus or at most two, and in this condition they have to manage the complexity of the opening of the building, managing its cleaning and surveillance; and in which the DaD has multiplied by ten the use of technologies in the classroom, making it essential to use computer technicians, who, in case of absences, are often not replaced, the Government and the Ministry of Education do not give a helping hand, increasing the dose with continuous staff cuts.
In this sense, the Flc CGIL union recalls the year 2008, when 57,000 ATA workers were sent home.
Based on what has been said, the request of the unions is naturally that of review ATA staffing parameters in schools.
In addition, the summer does not alleviate the workload of these human resources, especially in these two years of Covid, which have multiplied the school bureaucracy, including the summer, in the face of the return to school in September. And beyond the pandemic, in any case remember that in recent weeks school secretaries are overloaded with practices related to new recruitment, substitutes, and management of Pon projects (and the latter also weigh heavily on collaborators of the school).
The Flc CGIL union also observes in this sense: “One wonders how it is possible to link the substitutes of the secretarial staff at the end of the teaching activity (June 10 or June 30) if after this date the requirements do not decrease but in fact it is increasing. ”
To reiterate the importance of Ata staff in schools, the Francesco Sinopoli federation draws up a list of tasks that we consider very useful to account for the tasks on the shoulders of school administrative staff.
Functions of administrative staff
- Recovery courses: lists of students with suspended criteria, communications to families, requests for availability of teachers for courses, preparation of the ranking, identification, contracts, subsequent payment of fees.
- The elaboration of all the documents related to the examinations of suspended judgments, as much for all the relative aspects to the students and the families, as with respect to the teaching staff, including the eventual substitutions.
- The management of the students not passed and the definition of the students in the classes of the following course.
- Consequent acceptance or rejection of requests for transfer from other institutes (including communications to families), consequent documents for additional tests, including assignments and possible replacements of teachers.
- Confirmation of enrollment in the first classes of the following year (upper secondary students), information to families and recognition of documentation, definition of useful data for class training and class training in the registry database electronic.
- The state exams, with the procedures related to students (data entry in the SIDI for the activation of the Web Commissions application), the contracts of the internal commissioners (including short-term extensions and transformation of part-time work to full day), the consequent settlement. of their remuneration and of the (external) Presidents.
- All acts related to the determination and request of teachers.
- The adaptation of the support staff by sending the detailed data of the L.104 student certifications and the results of the needs identified to the PPE.
- The sending of the final analytical ballots to SIDI, both in June and after the suspension of the exams.
- The sending to the Regional School Observatory of the results of the voting, both in June and after the suspended exams, (in a format other than the SIDI) and the results of the state tests.
- The recalculation of the holidays not enjoyed by the substitutes (decree with sending to the accounting for ATA and insertion R2 for the profesorado).
- The liquidation of auxiliary competencies to all staff (MOF).
- The settlement of the PCTO school budget and fees for funded projects, including external experts.
- F24 and DMA monthly complaints. – The elaboration of the compensation for dismissal of the retired personnel from the 01/09.
- The preparation of the acts of confirmation in the position and / or overcoming of the period of proofs of profesorado.
- The management of electronic invoices on the SIDI portal, their control, settlement and registration.
- The control of supplies, tests and inventory records, also the management of maintenance as it takes advantage of the absence of students.
- Any GPS, every two years (and three years for the 3rd ATA band), since the USP always delegates the schools (whose management is in the summer since the calls are always close to the summer) .
- Subsequent accounting controls of payments, decrees, absences (called sampling DL123 / 2011 and subsequent modifications and additions);
- The inevitable collaboration with the MEF for salaries and staff problem solving;
- And the inevitable reviews of PON project reports. Naturally, all acts related to what is stated must be recorded periodically, without interruption.