About 1,600 releases are expected over the next three years. The Region announces that in the coming months new courses will be activated for Oss and announces that a provision has been approved that makes flexible “the offer of specific training for obtaining the degree certificate, issued by accredited training entities of the Region “. . Another response to needs through “training aimed directly at the needs of the territories,” says Lanzarin.
08 JUL – “In the next three years, about 500 OSS and about 1,100 are expected to retire in the structures of the elderly and disabled area in the Local Health Administrations alone. Both values are destined to increase in the coming years with the growth of the average age and these are not the only indicators that affect the scarcity of these professional figures in our structures. The Region is now able to respond further to this need. An important response, through training aimed at the needs of the territories ”. With these words, the Councilor for Health and Social Policies, Manuela Lanzarinsets out the positive effects on the health of the Veneto of the provision put in place by the Council of Palazzo Balbi in which, to counteract the lack of OSS, the offer of specific training aimed at obtaining the qualification certificate is offered , issued by the training bodies accredited by the Region. revised.
An innovation aimed at “guaranteeing among staff those figures of support and assistance essential for a complete response in personal care in hospitals, intermediate structures, care and health for the care of the elderly and people with disabilities, as well as in rehabilitation. and education “.
“Due to the great need of operators which arises in both hospitals and territorial structures, the opportunity to make the training offer more flexible was valued, Commissioner Lanzarin emphasized. To further facilitate access to this profession, courses will be organized according to local requests. This allows to reach contexts considered less attractive and to favor the encounter between the supply and the demand. It is known that the health and socio-health sector suffers from a shortage of staff at different levels, starting with specialist doctors and nurses. But it is a difficulty that also affects the SDGs. With reference to the 2021/2022 biennium, for the social and health system of the Veneto, an estimated need for training of 1,950 qualified workers and 65 courses have been started. For the 2022/2023 biennium we are witnessing an increase in demand. ”
“In the coming months, new OSS courses will be activated in the territories – concludes the counselor -. Once communicated, the interested parties must have fulfilled the right and duty to vocational training in accordance with current legislation or have a minimum age of 18 years and be in possession of an intermediate degree. They will be able to obtain the admission to the formative cycle after a selective test of the candidates by means of proof and interview. There are also principles and criteria for the recognition of educational credits ”.
Specifically, two training courses are defined:
– Type 1 – OSS
– Type 2 – OSS-IP (Professional institutes addressed to the Health and Social Assistance Services and Social Health Services).
The training course is divided into 1,000 hours:
– OSS: 480 hours of training and 520 of internships and cannot last less than 9 months and more than 18 months.
– OSS-IP: 703 hours of which 283 hours of training, 420 hours of practice and 297 (197 hours of theory and 100 hours of practice) of training credit for school attendance. Training course not exceeding 24 months.
Facilities and services and internship schedules:
– Hospitalization: from 80 to 100 hours in hospital facilities, community hospital, rehabilitation units, hospice;
– Residence: from 220 to 280 hours in facilities for the elderly;
– Day / community service: from 80 to 100 hours in services for people with disabilities, mental health and addictions, social and school integration;
– Home or community housing: 80 to 100 hours of home care or community housing.
July 8, 2022
© All rights reserved
Other articles in Regions and Asl
QS Edizioni srl
VAT number 12298601001
Via Boncompagni, 16
00187 – Rome
Via Vittore Carpaccio, 18
00147 Rome (RM)
Francesco Maria Avitto
Copyright 2013 © QS Edizioni srl. All rights reserved
– VAT number 12298601001
– registration in the ROC n. 23387
– registration in the Court of Rome n. 115/3013 of 22/05/2013
All rights reserved.