There is no educational institution that, in the context of its training, educational and teaching activities, does not encourage individual and common volunteer activities with the dual aim of offering opportunities for social and civil commitment and self-realization, increasing and strengthening the training offer. in favor of the young and adult population. The activity, however, must be regulated in some way. Volunteer activities, in fact, as a manifestation of the productive contribution to the civil community and to the development of school services, are conferred exclusively on volunteering as both a single and group voluntary commitment.
Possible sectors of intervention
Volunteer activities are characterized, in principle, among the multiple sectors of intervention, by some types in particular identified by the Council of the Institute in the opinion of the Faculty:
- laboratory activities within didactic projects elaborated by the teaching staff and approved by the teaching staff also outside school hours;
- laboratory activities related to trades and skills related to the territory and its history;
- didactic integration activities for particular and motivated needs;
- assistance and / or animation for non-curricular moments (eg end-of-year parties, leisure and solidarity activities …) and curricular moments (theatrical, musical activities, etc.);
- training, updating and project development activities;
- liaison with institutional bodies (local health authorities, city council, social services).
The application for volunteering and the criteria for awarding the service
The volunteer submits to the Rector the application for volunteering, specifying the sector of intervention and the modalities of implementation. The commission of the voluntary work, as it indicates in the specific Regulation elaborated by the Integral Institute “Antonio Pagano” of Nicotera (VV), directed by the director professor Prof. Giuseppe Sangeniti, is made by the Director. Full early acceptance of these regulations constitutes a binding prerequisite for the assignment of the activity.
Subjective requirements for holding office
In order to obtain an order in accordance with these regulations, interested parties must meet the following requirements:
- age over 18 years;
- enjoyment of civil and political rights and non-existence of criminal convictions that prevent, in accordance with the provisions in force in the matter, the establishment of an employment relationship with the public administration;
- psychophysical and cultural suitability to carry out the assignment, in relation to the operational characteristics of the specific assignment.
Legal and fiscal qualification of the order
The commitment related to the assignments referred to in this regulation should not be understood as a substitute for subordinate work, nor should it be considered indispensable to guarantee the normal activity of the center, in the context of which it operates. ‘inserts in a merely additional and auxiliary character. so that it represents an enrichment of these activities through the contribution of the knowledge and experience of the volunteers. The commission of the order -it stands out in the specific Regulation elaborated by the Integral Institute “Antonio Pagano” of Nicotera (VV), that attaches like example of excellent school and practice of excellent management of the educational institution-, strictly excludes any establishment. of a subordinate relationship even if it is term. The assignment may be canceled at any time due to the withdrawal of one of the parties, without the need for any cause, or due to the obvious occurrence or inadequacy of the interested party in relation to the requirements required for access to the assignment itself. .
Reimbursement of expenses
Volunteering is done spontaneously and for free and cannot be paid for in any way. Therefore, the Institute must undertake to reimburse the volunteers exclusively for the expenses, previously authorized and actually incurred, directly related to the activity carried out and objectively necessary. To reimburse these expenses, they must be properly documented.
How to organize, supervise, check and verify the action related to volunteering
The teachers identified for this purpose (responsible for voluntary activities that may coincide with the person in charge of the school complex or with one of the principal’s collaborators), organize, supervise, verify and ascertain the relative actions, ie for the mere organizational effects. , the existence of subordination of volunteering to the staff of the Institute. The person in charge supervises the carrying out of the activities, taking care to check that the volunteers respect the rights, the dignity and the options of the users and / or users of the same activities and that these are carried out in a technically correct way and, if is available. , in compliance with specific sectoral regulations. At the beginning of the activity, the person in charge draws up, in agreement with the volunteers, the operational program for carrying out their own activities.
Volunteers included in the activities must be covered by an accident insurance related to the performance of the activities.
The Institute has the obligation to ensure that the volunteers included in the activities are covered by an accident insurance related to the performance of the same activities and civil liability to third parties. Expenses arising from insurance coverage are borne by the Institute.
Duties of volunteers
Each volunteer is obliged, under penalty of revocation of the order, to:
- to carry out the tasks entrusted with the utmost diligence and in accordance with the public interest and with full compliance with all legal and / or regulatory provisions;
- respect pre-established business hours;
- behave with anyone based on maximum equity;
- not to engage, in service, in activities other than those for which the assignment has been assigned;
- To communicate punctually to the secretariat the absences or impediments for the exercise of its functions;
- comply with the instructions received regarding the processing of personal data and security in the workplace;
- Inform the person in charge of all those unforeseen events and circumstances that require modifications or adjustments to the project or that may cause damage to people and the school itself.
- each volunteer is personally and fully responsible if he commits a criminal and / or civil offense, even through fault, it being understood that the Institute and its employees are exonerated from any responsibility in this regard.