Press release of July 1, 2022
TEEN LAB: Pinerolo creates a FabLab against early school leaving
Olympic Ice Stadium, Viale Grande Torino n. 2
Opened on Thursday, June 30, 2022 in Pinerolo TEEN LABan inclusive meeting space based on the FabLab model that offers training courses dedicated to 60 grandchildren / young people in a situation of early school leaving.
The project, carried out thanks to 444,954 euros of European and state funds, is born from the cross-border collaboration of the municipalities of Pinerolo and Chambery, with the collaboration of CISS – Consorzio Intercomunale Servizi Sociali, as an implementing entity, in the framework of the ALCOTRA Interreg Program.
(June 30, 2022) Eurostat data for March 2022 show a particularly significant increase in NEETs in Italy. Italy ranks first in Europe with 23.3% of young Italians aged 15 to 29 who do not work, do not study and do not follow training courses. He “Teen Lab – Teen Lab”, a project aimed at reducing early school leaving and encouraging the labor and social reintegration of young people in difficulty, who are no longer part of the training system and who are not in a position to enter the world of work in a stable way. . “Teen Lab” is a project funded by the European Territorial Cooperation Program Interreg VA Italy-France ALCOTRA and developed by a cross – border association formed by Municipalities of Pinerolo I City of Chambery who sees the Intermunicipal Consortium of Social Services (CISS) as an enforcement body in the territory. The respective territorial networks of the associated cities are involved in a process of exchange of experiences and knowledge, to reduce cases of marginalization and to effectively integrate young people into the local community.
Space TEEN LAB of Pinerolo inaugurated on June 30 at the Olympic Ice Stadium (Viale Grande Torino n.2) is a inclusive meeting place based on the FabLab modela digital manufacturing workshop where, in this first phase of the project, 60 young people at risk and in early school leaving. The space is equipped with a number of CNC machinery, 3D printers, laser cutting, cutting plotter, numerical control milling machine and 13 personal computers: through the accompaniment and training carried out by a specialized figure, the Fab Manager, young people will have the opportunity to use the machinery, learn about its operation and acquire the skills required by local businesses and necessary to enter and remain in the local labor market.
As he points out Luca Salvai, mayor of Pinerolo: “Labor policies, even for young people, to be effective must be linked to social policies: only from this point of view do they become an investment in the future and well-being of all. The winning idea of the Teen Lab is to activate an approach to work with young people through laboratory activities, experimenting with concrete actions and highlighting their talents: those talents that they may not know they have, but that they can discover in a path guided by our trainers“.
Per Thierry Repentin, Mayor of Chambéry: “Early school leaving can be counteracted. There are many talents in young people, who have the opportunity to express themselves outside the traditional school paths. The fulcrum of the Teen Lab project, carried out with Pinerolo, lies in looking for the “nugget” that hides each of the young people, adapting this particular program to their personality.“.
The “Teen Lab – Adolescent Laboratory” project is funded by the European territorial cooperation program Interreg VA Italy-France ALCOTRA – Axis 4 “Social inclusion and European citizenship” – Specific objective 4.2. and focuses on the following activities:
- organization and management of training courses for NEET, young people who do not study or work
- development of joint training initiatives of professional subjects operating in the territorial network that deal with training and employment policies
- creation of an inclusive TEEN LAB space, in which laboratory activities will be developed. A neutral place to meet, discuss and acquire new skills.
The Pinerolo City Council project was carried out with a budget of € 444,954.00, fully covered by ERDF funds and CPN State funds.
|Budget||ERDF Budget (European Regional Development Fund)||CPN (National Public Counterparts) co-financing|
The selection of young people participating in the activities of the “Teen Lab” laboratory was carried out in collaboration and synergy with the regional guidance system, Piedmont Orientation Objective (OOP) which makes available to students, families, teachers, operators and in general all citizens, information, tools and resources to guide them regarding school / training itineraries, labor market trends, skills development opportunities, support for children to choose consciously. the most suitable itineraries for themselves in the different cycles of studies and in the first stages of professional life.
For the realization of the activities of the project the City council of Pinerolo and the Intermunicipal Consortium of Social Services (CISS) count on the collaboration of some public and private subjects:
- there Net. Pin of the area of Pinerolo and in particular of the centers of upper secondary and the Agencies of Training of the territory with which has signed a Memorandum of Understanding;
- the Pinerolo Employment Center;
- LENGIM Piedmont Pinerolo Office, for training / laboratory activities;
- CFIQfor training / laboratory activity;
- CIOFS-FP Piedmontfor training / laboratory activity;
- there Carabattola scs. social cooperative society, for educational activities;
- OPEN BOOK Snc. of Caizzo Emilia and Caizzo Marilena for training and supervision;
- LAB.IN.S Cooperative Society of Social Enterprise for monitoring and evaluation;
- FABMANGER Individual Company Marco Cassino;
- BLANK SPACES srl – Web Agency – Software House for communication activities;
- CHINTANA srl.for administrative management.
Download the press release