The new system of training and initial and contracting, marked by Legislative Decree no. 36/2022, converted into Law no. 79/2022, concerns the first and second year high school teachers of common place, including the technical-practical teachers. What is planned for the latter until the 2024/25 school year? What requirements are needed after the said school year?
The new system of initial training and access to the role of secondary school teachers is divided into:
- a university and academic qualification course of initial training corresponding to not less than 60 CFU / CFA
- a national public competition, held at regional or interregional level
- an annual in-service trial period with final trial and conclusive evaluation
Teachers with the following qualifications can access the route referred to in point 1:
- master’s degree or single cycle or 2nd level AFAM diploma or equivalent or equivalent degree, consistent with the competition classes in force on the date of the competition (common places);
- degree or diploma of 1st level AFAM or equivalent or equivalent degree, consistent with the competition classes in force on the date of the call (ITP)
Teachers in possession of:
- degree + degree for the specific competition modality or degree + three years of service (assessed in accordance with art. 11/14 of Law no. 124/1999) in public educational centers, one of which in the modality specific competition / type of place for participation in the competition, scheduled for the date of submission of applications;
- until 31 December 2024 (transitional phase), in possession of the title + 30 CFU / CFA of the university course or 24 CFU in anthropo-psycho-pedagogical disciplines and in teaching methodologies and technologies (required by the previous system of access to competition) obtained on October 31, 2022.
Won the contest:
- Qualified teachers are hired for an indefinite period and undergo an annual probationary period in service, the positive completion of which determines the actual access to the function, ie the confirmation of the function (the probationary period ends with a final test and the evaluation of the director);
- Non-qualified teachers, who participate “structurally” under the aforementioned three years of service, sign a replacement contract with the USR, to which the chosen center belongs, and must acquire, in any case, 30 CFU / CFA between the which make up the university and academic course of initial training (for participating teachers with the requirement of 3 years of service). Once the degree has been obtained (with the acquisition of the aforementioned CFU), the teaching staff is hired for an indefinite period of time and subjected to the annual probationary period in service, the positive passing of which determines the final entry into the position;
- Non-qualified teachers, who participate in the transition phase (therefore with a degree and at least 30 CFU / CFA or 24 CFU / CFA achieved before October 31, 2022), sign an annual replacement contract with the USR, in which the chosen center, and complete the university and academic course of initial training. With the passing of the final test of the initial university and academic training cycle, the winners obtain the title of teacher and, consequently, are hired for an indefinite period, as well as subject to the annual test period in service, the positive passing of the which determines the final entry into office.
The technical-practical teachers, until the school year 2024/25, participate in the competition only with the diploma that gives access to the class of the competition, as we read in the new art. 5/2 of Legislative Decree 59/2017, introduced by art. 44 of Legislative Decree 36/22, which indicates the requirements for participation in the competition of the aforementioned teachers:
Without prejudice to the provisions of section 2 of article 22in relation to the positions of technical-practical teacher, it is a requirement for the participation in the classes the possession of a title, or of the diploma of high level of artistic, musical and dance formation, or an equivalent or equivalent title, consistent with classes. competition of the competition in force on the date of the call for the competition and with the final profile of the professional competencies of the technical-practical teacher qualified in the specific classes of the competition, and of the specific teaching qualification of the competition class.
Article 22, section 2, of Legislative Decree 59/2017 establishes, as mentioned above, that ITPs participate in the competition only with a diploma:
The requirements referred to in Article 5 (2) (the one above), are mandatory for participation in competitions called after the school year 2024/2025. Until then, for the positions of practical technical teacher, the requirements remain unchanged provided for by current legislation on competition classes.
We point out that in Legislative Decree 36/22, although it provides for the participation of ITPs only with the diploma (therefore also without a degree until 2024/25), nothing is said about the possible achievement of the degree after hiring, how much who participates. without the title mentioned.
During the transition phase, introduced by Legislative Decree 36 (until 31 December 2024), in addition, ITPs may participate in the competition, if they are in possession of a minimum of 30 CFU / CFA of the said route or 24 CFU / CFA, required by the previous system and obtained by October 31, 2022, without prejudice to the possession of the required degree (although not specified in the DL, we believe that in this case a three-year degree is required). After being hired on a temporary basis (for the winners of the competition), they complete the university and academic course of initial training, after which they obtain the title of teacher and are hired for an indefinite period, as well as subject to the annual probationary period in service, the positive improvement of which determines the final entry into office.
When the reform will go fully operationalinstead, to be an ITP teacher you will have to: Be in possession of a three-year degree or first-level AFAM diplomatan follow the path university and academic graduate of initial training, participate in the contest I pass the trial period (after being hired indefinitely). Alternatively, it is possible: to participate in the competition with the three years of service, then to be hired on a temporary basis, to obtain 30 CFU / CFA among those that make up the university and academic trajectory of initial training, then to be hired. for an indefinite period and be subject to the probationary period.