Step 4 is selecting a Educator to be included in its operations in Italy. Duration 8 months, with the possibility of extension. Registration deadline 03/07/2022
Educator – Milan, Italy
Step4, a social enterprise specializing in the implementation of educational projects for active global citizenship and sustainable development, is looking for a professional to be included in the staff of the Fast Forward project (with the support of the Fondazione Comunità Milano) with the role of educator and tutor. , for conducting educational workshops in secondary schools in Milan and its province, from September 2022 to May 2023, with the possibility of continuing the collaboration.
The Fast Forward project aims to increase students ’knowledge and awareness of the importance of their role as protagonists in their community and to provide concrete opportunities to experiment as actors in change. Specifically, the project aims to train teachers and students of 5 comprehensive institutes on issues of sustainability and active citizenship and accompany them in:
- implement civic education courses in the 2030 Agenda, with a focus on active citizenship and participation;
- conduct a sustainability survey in its territory and produce a series of radio podcasts;
- create 5 live radio broadcasts and podcasts, with the involvement of the school and the local community;
- design, formulate, select and implement 5 micro-projects for sustainable school change;
- make a shared assessment of the impact of projects.
The selected person will have the task of:
- carry out 210 hours of activities in the classroom (in attendance, except for restrictions), in collaboration with the tutor of Professor Step4 and with the operators of the association Associazione Shareradio;
- accompany students in conducting a brief survey on sustainability in their own territory / neighborhood;
- prepare activity reports and prepare content to be transmitted to the communication channels of the project partners;
- participate in the teacher training course (distance between October and November 2022)
- administer and analyze voting and assessment questionnaires for students and teachers
- attend Fast Forward and Step4 project coordination staff meetings.
- accredited experience in education, training (preferably), animation and / or tutoring of girls and boys between 11 and 18 years old;
- knowledge of the topics of the project (sustainable development, active citizenship, international cooperation);
- confidence in using Google Workspace for Education tools;
- sufficient knowledge of English (at least B1);
- autonomy in round trips to the schools involved (in own means or public transport);
- previous experience of public speaking.
They are preferable:
- three-year or specialist degree;
- basic editing skills (e.g., audiovisual, graphics, WordPress, Scratch)
To apply you must send a letter of motivation of up to 5000 characters (spaces included) and a signed CV in European format (specifying: “I declare to be of legal age, to have read the information on data processing according with current legislation and Reg (EU) 679/2016 on the website www.step4.it and consent to the processing of personal data “) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2022.
Write “FAST FORWARD Project Request” in the subject line.
From the 4th to the 25th of July we will contact only the profiles selected for a first distance interview.
A second selection and a final face-to-face interview will be held in the second week of September, for an operational assessment of the skills in the classroom and the negotiation of remuneration, which will be proportional to the experience gained.
The selected person must sign the Step4 Child Safeguard Policy and a substitute statement of no criminal proceedings or conviction; will be immediately operational, with an initial period of step4 insertion and training on the Fast Forward project and the start of school activities in October 2022.
Linkedin link: https://www.linkedin.com/hiring/jobs/3123946484/