of the MUNICIPALITY OF PINEROLO
PINEROLO – Pinerolo will also soon have a FabLab. It will be called Teen Lab and the City Council is installing it on the premises of the Olympic Ice Stadium, on viale Grande Torino. It is a small workshop that offers personalized digital manufacturing services, equipped with a series of computer tools capable of creating, in a flexible and semi-automatic way, a wide range of objects.
Like the space recently opened in Chambery -Pinerolo’s partner in the project-, Pinerolo’s Teen Lab will be an inclusive meeting space based on the FabLab model where young people at risk and drop out of school will be trained. premature.
The space will contain a series of numerical control machines, 3D printers, laser cutters, cutting plotters, numerical control milling machine and thanks to the formation of a specialized figure, the Fab Manager, young people will have the opportunity to acquire the skills required by local businesses and necessary to enter and remain in the local job market.
“Teen Lab – Adolescent Laboratory” is an education and training project funded by the European territorial cooperation program Interreg VA Italy-France Alcotra that aims to reduce early school leaving and promote the employment and social reintegration of young people in difficulty , who are no longer part of the training system and who are not in a position to enter the world of work in a stable way.
The project is developed by a cross-border collaboration formed by the municipalities of Pinerolo and Chambery and involves the respective territorial networks, in a way of exchange of experiences and knowledge, to reduce cases of marginalization and to effectively integrate young people into the community. . local. The inauguration will take place on Thursday 30 June and will be attended by the mayors of the two partner cities, namely Luca Salvai, Mayor of Pinerolo and Thierry Repentin, Mayor of Chambery.
The Teen Lab project focuses on the following activities:
1) Organization and management of training courses for NEET, young people who do not study or work, divided into workshops and training periods, for the reintegration of young people into the school-training system from which they had left or their insertion in the market. work.
2) Development of joint training initiatives for professional subjects operating in the territorial network that deals with training and employment policies, with special consideration for teaching staff who will be dedicated to TEEN LAB, also through exchanges of experiences and transfer of knowledge .
3) Preparation of an inclusive TEEN LAB space, a physical space where laboratory activities will take place, but in which, above all, children will be offered a neutral space where they can meet, comment on their experiences, get closer to use of tools and materials that encourage rethinking of their skills and the acquisition of new skills.
Thanks to the actions of the project, 60 young people will participate in training courses, reducing early school leaving and creating new opportunities for youth employment, pursuing greater integration between school and work and enhancing job opportunities offered by the territories.
The selection of young people participating in the activities of the laboratory “Teen Lab” has been carried out in collaboration and synergy with the regional guidance system, Obiettivo Oriente Piemonte (OOP) which makes available to students, families, teachers, operators and everyone in general. citizenship, information, tools and resources to orient themselves with regard to school / training itineraries, labor market trends, opportunities for the development of skills, accompany children to consciously choose the most appropriate itineraries for themselves in the different cycles of studies and in the early stages. of professional life. Activities with the first group of 30 children began on April 26th. The first exchange between the young people participating in the activities took place on 2 and 3 May in Pinerolo and a group of eleven young people from Chambery accompanied by four trainers were welcomed at the Teen Lab in Pinerolo.
The leader of the project is the municipality of Pinerolo who presented the project in collaboration with the municipality of Chambery. The municipality of Pinerolo has also identified an implementing body that is the Intermunicipal Consortium of Social Services (CISS).
For the realization of the activities of the project the City council of Pinerolo and the Intermunicipal Consortium of Social Services (CISS) count on the collaboration of some public and private subjects:
1) The Re.Te. Pin del Pinerolese and in particular the upper secondary schools and the Training Agencies of the territory with which a Memorandum of Understanding was signed;
2) The Pinerolo Employment Center.
3) ENGIM Piemonte based in Pinerolo, for the training / laboratory activity.
4) CFIQ, for the training / laboratory activity.
5) CIOFS-FP Piemonte, for the training / laboratory activity.
6) La Carabattola scs, a social cooperative society, for educational activities.
7) LIBRO OPERTO Snc by Caizzo Emilia and Caizzo Marilena for training and supervision.
8) LAB.IN.S Società Cooperativa Impresa Sociale for monitoring and evaluation.
9) FABMANAGER Marco Cassino Individual Company.
10) BLANK SPACES srl – Web Agency – Software House for communication activity.
11) CHINTANA srl., For administrative management.