Published in the Official Gazette L of June 14, 2022, n. 159 Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/919 of 8 June 2022.
Emissions trading: the questionnaire for the report on the application of Directive 2003/87 / EC amends. To organize it is the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/919 of 8 June 2022published in GUCE L June 14, 2022, n. 159 which, in fact, replaces the annex to the previous resolution 2005/381 / EC.
The measure is a direct consequence of the amendments to Directive 2003/87 / EC, introduced by Directive (EU) 2018/410, to implement the commitment made by the European Council in 2014 to reduce, for the year 2030, the Union’s global greenhouse gas emissions. effect of at least 40% compared to 1990 levels.
Click here for more news on broadcasts
The following are the articles of Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/919 of 8 June 2022; the attachment containing the new questionnaire is available at the bottom of the page in pdf format.
Not subscribed to Ambiente & Sicurezza yet? Click here
Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/919 of 8 June 2022 amending Decision 2005/381 / EC as regards the questionnaire for the report on the implementation of the Directive 2003/87 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
(in GUCE L of June 14, 2022, n.159)
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Directive 2003/87 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 October 2003 establishing a system for the trading of greenhouse gas emission allowances in the Union and amending Council Directive 96/61 / EC, and in particular Article 21 (1) thereof,
considering the following:
(1) Article 21 (1) of Directive 2003/87 / EC requires Member States to submit annual reports to the Commission on the application of this Directive.
(2) Commission Decision 2005/381 / EC lays down in its Annex a questionnaire to be used by Member States to draw up the annual reports intended to provide a detailed explanation of the application of Directive 2003/87 / EC. CE.
(3) Directive (EU) 2018/410 of the European Parliament and of the Council amended Directive 2003/87 / EC to reflect the commitment made by the European Council in 2014 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 by the Union’s greenhouse effect by at least 40% compared to 1990 levels.
(4) In order to implement the amendments introduced by Directive (EU) 2018/410, Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/2066 has established revised rules for the monitoring and reporting of gaseous emissions. greenhouse gas and activity data under Directive 2003/87 / EC in the trading period of the Union Emissions Trading Scheme which began on 1 January 2021 and in periods subsequent negotiation. In addition, Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/2067 laid down revised provisions for the verification of communications transmitted under Directive 2003/87 / EC and for the accreditation and supervision of verifiers. This Implementing Regulation also laid down provisions for the mutual recognition of verifiers and for the peer review of national accreditation bodies in accordance with Article 15 of Directive 2003/87 / EC. Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/2067 applies to the verification, carried out from 1 January 2019, of greenhouse gas emissions and tonne-kilometer data, as well as to the verification of the relevant data to update the ex ante reference parameters and to determine the free assignment to the plants.
(5) In addition, the rules for the free allocation of rights have been updated by Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/331 and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/1842.
(6) It is therefore necessary to integrate the amendments made to Directive 2003/87 / EC and the delegated and implementing acts related to Decision 2005/381 / EC. In addition, the experience gained by the Member States and the Commission in using the questionnaire revealed the need to improve the efficiency of the communication and the consistency of the information provided.
(7) Decision 2005/381 / EC should therefore be amended accordingly.
(8) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Climate Change Committee.
HAS ADOPTED THIS DECISION:
The Annex to Decision 2005/381 / EC is replaced by the Annex to that Decision.
This Decision is addressed to the Member States.
↓ CLICK DOWN FOR ANNEX ↓
CLICK HERE FOR THE ANNEX