Cooperation with emerging countries is selecting a Project coordinator to be included in its operations in Tunisia . Duration 12 months. Registration deadline 30/06/2022
Necessary figures Long-term qualified expatriate staff: AICS / hours project coordinator
Destination and headquarters: Tunisia,
Availability for the service: July 1, 2022.
CO.PE – Cooperation for Emerging Countries is a non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1983, federated into “FOCSIV – Volontari nel Mondo” (Federation of International Christian Voluntary Service Organizations).
CO.PE has been present in Tunisia since 1994, where it has carried out various projects and volunteer camps in the field of child protection in the rural areas of the Kairouan Governorate.
COPE has launched a community rehabilitation and social inclusion project for young people with disabilities, through training activities for trainers, strengthening local associations promoting the rights of people with disabilities, social inclusion and awareness through of the theater.
The “Ricomincio da Te” cooperation program is co-financed by the AICS with a duration of three years. So far, the third and final year of the project has been reached.
Role: a coordination figure is sought for the management of the “Ricomincio da Te” project, of the collaboration, of the activities and of the co-financing according to the procedures AICS Bando OSC 2018, as well as of the institutional relations, services and complements. grants, which may be derived from it.
- reports to the Office of PVS Italy and the country representative of COPE Tunisia
- coordinates with the expatriate project administrator
- supervises the local staff of COPE Tunisia and any expatriate volunteers in the civil service,
- coordinates local counterparts and partners.
- Plan the activities, schedule, costs, and functions of local staff and local partners involved.
- Identify, with a view to building capacity for local staff, the priorities and strategies for strengthening local management of activities, with a view to the sustainability and future ownership of the cooperation program,
- Ensure compliance with local laws, customs and traditions by local and expatriate COPE staff, including civil service volunteers,
- Develop new project proposals useful for the territory and local populations,
- Prepare narrative reports and financial statements of grants in accordance with the rules and grant agreements signed by COPE with donors,
- Supervise and control the proper development of activities managed by staff and local partners in relation to specific projects co-financed by grants / donors,
- Send to the Italian office the narrative and financial reports relating to the activities carried out in compliance with the grants approved quarterly and the corresponding application for funds.
Functions of the project coordinator:
– Management and technical monitoring of the activities, in accordance with the approved timetable, related to ongoing projects and grants, both for COPE staff and for local counterparts and partners,
– Communication with the operational and institutional interlocutors involved in the execution of the projects / grants,
– Support for Desk Italia for the drafting of new project proposals that will be presented to various donors,
– Carrying out the intermediate and final narrative reports, in collaboration with the local staff, and the PVS Desk of COPE Italy,
– Logistics management in reference to other expatriate staff on mission or in civil service,
– Carrying out other specific tasks entrusted to him by the Italian Office.
– proven professional experience in developing countries (eg Tunisia, Maghreb or Mashreq countries, French-speaking countries, etc.),
– Accredited professional experience in the field of social inclusion, disability, theater, school attendance, etc.
– knowledge of the reporting procedures of the main institutional donors (AICS; EuropeAid, CIS);
– excellent written and spoken knowledge of the French language (value-added knowledge of the Arabic language);
– ability to work in isolated and autonomous contexts;
– Excellent computer skills (Office Excel, project management applications);
– Ability to supervise projects from an economic-financial point of view;
– High maturity and ability to adapt and work in a team,
– Compliance with deadlines, procedures and functions.
Duration and type of contract: Co.Co.Co. 1 year.
Compensation: € 19,400 gross per year + Insurance coverage + return plane ticket
Interviews and pre-departure training: at the headquarters of COPE Catania.
Contacts and application submission methods:
Send the request indicating “Vacant Tunisia Project Coordinator “ to the subject of the e-mail and attaching the required documentation with the following words: “surname_cv” and “surname_letter” to: email@example.com.