School – A professional develops his activity with care and preparation: the detailed description of the result illuminates his path.
In schools, due to the absence of univocal and shared terminology[i]the results of the design of the learning processes are formulated in a concise and vague manner.
How can a mandate be fulfilled if the field of work is not sunk?
Two legislative references delimit the scope of definition of the concepts formation, education, education: the TU 297/94 and the DPR of school autonomy of the 99. The second exposes the logical-functional characteristics of the organizational structure, outlined in the first document.
There are three goals of the autonomous school system: autonomy “It is specified in the planning and implementation of educational, training and teaching interventions aimed at the development of the human person.“.
The school, in order to rationally assume the mandate given to them, must identify the relationship between the three orientations:
- The sequence education-education-training it is typical of ethical activities, aimed at shaping young people with respect to the model of man in which they are inspired. The teaching given in the seminars is functional to this vision.
- The chain education-training-education, which fits well in static situations, leads to professionalism, training. University teaching responds to these needs.
- The progression training-education-instruction it is based on the assumption that the individual finds his identity within the society of which he is a part. It follows that textbooks no longer trace the itineraries of teaching: knowledge is fundamental to the promotion of skills and competences.[ii] necessary for the entry of young people in a dynamic and complex context.
The election of the legislator, unambiguous and constant over the last nine decades, adheres to the third possibility: the title of the three-year plan drawn up by the centers to declare the characteristics of their educational offer leaves no room for interpretation.
Herein lies the problem of problems: training, the goal of the system, must be broken down into observable and ponderable goals.
A task that schools neglect: the concept of “competition” does not belong to their modus vivendi[iii].
The reorganization regulations of 2010, which include repertoires of general competences[iv]they have been overwritten with national indications, a list of competencies specific to individual teachings.
Behavior in open contrast to systemic culture.
What does the law say?
The club / school board, when approving the PTOF, evaluates and certifies the correspondence of the educational objectives that are indicated in it, with its expectations, officially expressed.
The director ‘s definition of “directions for school activities and management and administration decisions“Represents the synthesis of the guidelines of the strategic body, enriched with contributions”of the local bodies and of the different institutional, cultural, social and economic realities that operate in the territory, of the organisms and associations of parents and, for the secondary schools, of the students.“.
The list of training objectives, expressed in the form of general competencies, is the gateway to identifying the meaning of “education”.
The list is analyzed by the teachers who, in preparing the Ptof, formulate the objectives of the “educational action planning“.
In this context, the search for meaning is guided by the etymology: to educate is to make emerge, to strengthen, to develop the abilities of the students.
Educational action planning involves the
- General skills analysis to identify skills[v] subtessant;
- Treatment of identified skills[vi];
- Formulation of hypotheses for relative achievement;
- Elaboration of the calendar of the “Periodic evaluation of the global evolution of the didactic action to check its effectiveness in relation to the programmed orientations and objectives, proposing, if necessary, the appropriate measures for the improvement of the school activity.“.
The meaning of education can be derived from the order used by the TU to present the collegiate bodies: the pyramidal structure, typical of the sciences of the organization, gives the guidelines.
- Teaching, the executive moment, appears initially: it is the base of the pyramid.
- The “didactic coordination” and the “programming, evaluation, experimentation”, Assigned to class counseling: short-term tactical activity;
- The third, in order of presentation, is the Teaching Staff which qualifies its activity with the “educational action planning “: concerns the technical-strategic function;
- At the top is the Club / Institute Council which “Process and adopt (since it approves the PTOF) general guidelines”, To which the strategic responsibilities belong.
The overlap with the teaching-education-education-training functions is perfect.
The meaning of education is obvious: planning coordinated and equifinalized interventions, aimed at achieving the objectives identified by the College.
[i] An issue outlined in “Honorable Minister Maria Chiara Carrozza: Don’t Forget to Be a Woman of Science,” visible online.
[ii] CFR. Law 53/2003 art. 2 paragraph 1 letter a)
[iii] a) The writings that appear on the web are unequivocal.
- b) The schools certify competences, but the didactic planning neglects them.
[iv] An example. From the profile of the institutes.
Know how to support one’s own thesis and know how to listen to it and evaluate it critically
arguments of others.
Acquire the habit of reasoning with logical rigor, identifying problems and
identify possible solutions.
[v] Here is a subset: Analyze Apply Argue / Justify Communicate
Understand Decide / Choose Generalize Interpret Memorize
Modeling Design Relativizing Recognizing Restructuring Synthesizing
Systematize Transfer Evaluate
[vi] Ability to build models – generalize – summarize
- Take a functional point of view for the problem to be solved
- Select the available data / search for the required data
- Organically synthesizes data and relationships
- Validate the product
ALSO READ THIS NEWS
School. If the student is injured at the institution, the teacher is obliged to accompany him by ambulance
Augias: “There is no logical and grammatical analysis in school, it is normal for children not to understand the texts”
School, the six days of vacation can be transformed into permits: here is the code to use
Read other news here at OggiScuola
Follow us on our Facebook page and official profile Twitter